Cheesy Potato Bacon Soup

This is a great meal for fall and winter. I love soup when it is cold and this one is so good. It does make a mess so do it on a day that you have a little extra time but it is definitely worth it. I usually double or triple the batch because it is great reheated and is a definite crowd pleaser at family functions. It also works great with bread bowls.

INGREDIENTS:
2 large russet potatoes
2 tablespoons finely minced celery (1/2 stalk)
1 tablespoon finely minced onion
1 tablespoon grated carrot (1/4 carrot)
2 cups chicken stock or broth
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons flour (I actually like to use corn starch. It thickens the soup better and doesn't make it lumpy)
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese ( I never actually add this much cheese. I just do it by taste, not to clog my arteries!)
2 slices cooked bacon, chopped
1 tablespoon chopped green onions (optional)

DIRECTIONS:
Peel and chop up all the vegetables. Combine the vegetables, salt, vinegar, and broth in a large pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med-low and simmer for about 30 minutes or until the veggies are soft. In a separate bowl combine mild and flour (corn starch) and whisk together. Add to the pot. Cook for another 10 minutes or until the soup thickens. Add cheese and cooked bacon and cook until melted. Let cool for about 10 minutes or so before you eat. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taste of Home

Pinterest, Pinterest, Pinterest...my new best friend!

LDS Temple Pictures