Cinnamon Rolls


This is also a recipe I stole from my mother-in-law! These are so amazingly yummy! They are the perfect treat for these cold winter days!! This recipe makes a lot so if you don't want a ton, cut it in half! I hope you like them!! I am making these for our baby blessing next week. I will post a picture after I make them for you to see!!

INGREDIENTS:
*dough*
4 cups milk
4 tablespoons yeast
1 cup warm water
5 teaspoons salt
10 tablespoons shortening
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
12-14 cups flour

*Sugar Mix*
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
4 teaspoons cinnamon
- Mix together-

*Glaze*
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tablespoon soft butter (not melted)
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons hot water
-Combine until smooth- (I had to double this recipe, but I like a lot of frosting!)

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Scald the milk.
2. Dissolve yeast in 1 cup warm water.
3. Combine salt, shortening, eggs, & sugar. Add the milk and yeast. Mix and then knead until smooth.
4. Let rise until doubled.
5. Roll out the dough.
6. Spread with melted butter.
7. Sprinkle sugar mix evenly on dough.
8. Roll up and cut
9. Place on greased cookie sheet.
10. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
11. Drizzle with glaze.

Enjoy!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taste of Home

Pinterest, Pinterest, Pinterest...my new best friend!

LDS Temple Pictures