Avocado Breakfast Pitas

There were several recipes featured in our local newspaper this morning on good meals for breakfast and this one sounds so good!! I am a huge fan of avocados so anything that utilizes them makes me happy!! I haven't tried this one yet, but my sweet little boy spilled his drink all over my newspaper so I am quickly posting this before it is completely illegible. I hope you like it!!

INGREDIENTS:
4 Slices of bacon
1 fully ripened avocado, halved, pitted, peeled, and diced.
1 tomato diced
2 tablespoons roughly chopped cilantro or flat leaf parsley
1 teaspoon lemon juice (I am partial to limes but that is optional)
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 (6-inch) pita breads, cut in halves

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp, about eight minutes.
2. In a mixing bowl, place avocado, tomato, cilantro, lemon juice, and salt.
3. Remove cooked bacon from skillet; crumble; add to avocado mixture; toss and combine.
4. Removed all but 1 teaspoon bacon drippings from skillet; add avocado mixture to skillet; heat until warm, about one minute. With large spoon, stuff each pita half with about 1/2 cup avocado mixture.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taste of Home

Pinterest, Pinterest, Pinterest...my new best friend!

LDS Temple Pictures