Tortellini Tomato Soup

This is what we had for dinner tonight and it was so good! This is a great recipe if you need a quick meal. I had no idea what I was making for dinner half an hour before my husband would be home from work. I found this recipe and I was done with dinner with time to spare by the time he got home. It was so easy and so tasty!! Thanks so much to Favorite Family Recipes for this wonderful soup!! Visit their website at http://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/

INGREDIENTS:
1 pkg. (9oz) refrigerated cheese tortellini
2 cans (10oz) Campbell's tomato soup
2 c. chicken broth
2 c. milk
2 c. half-and-half (I didn't have this so I just used normal milk and I added cornstarch to it to make it thicker. It worked out great!)
1/2 c. chopped oil packed sun-dried tomatoes
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried basil
salt and pepper to taste
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
shredded mozzarella or Parmesan cheese (for topping)

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Cook tortellini according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, in a large soup pot combine soup, broth, milk, cream, tomatoes and seasonings. Heat through, stirring frequently.
3. Drain tortellini well and add to soup.
4. Stir in cheese. When cheese is melted serve immediately and sprinkle Parmesan or mozzarella cheese over the top.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taste of Home

Pinterest, Pinterest, Pinterest...my new best friend!

LDS Temple Pictures