Chicken & Spinach Stuffed Shells
This was so good!! It was basically a new spin on manicotti using different shells, which I love because they were so much easier to stuff! I hate stuffing manicotti!! This recipe makes ALOT so cut it in half if you aren't feeding a ton of people! They do freeze well so if you are looking for a freezer meal, make the whole recipe and freeze half. Thanks to the Sisters Cafe for this awesome recipe! Visit their website at http://sisterscafe.blogspot.com/INGREDIENTS:
44 uncooked jumbo pasta shells (That’s about one and one-half 12-oz boxes)
2 c chopped cooked chicken
2 c fresh chopped spinach
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (15oz) container ricotta cheese
2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 (5oz) package shredded Parmesan cheese (about 1 2/3 c.)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 Tb dried parsley flakes
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 c shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 (26oz) jar prepared spaghetti sauce (any variety)
INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Cook shells according to package directions (be sure to stir every once in awhile so they don't stick to the bottom of the pan and tear apart); drain and set aside.
2. Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease 2 13x9x2inch baking dishes.
3. In a large bowl, combine chicken and all the rest of the ingredients except mozzarella and spaghetti sauce. Stir in 1 cup mozzarella.
4. Spoon into shells.
5. Spread half of spaghetti sauce into prepared baking dishes. Arrange shells over sauce; top with remaining sauce. Cover tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil.
6. Bake, covered, for 40 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella. Bake for 5 to 10 more minutes. Makes 8-10 servings.
TIP: Make it lowfat! I made it using lowfat Ricotta, lowfat Cream Cheese, I cut the amount of parmesean in half, and I did not top it with mozerella and honestly, it was delicious! We wouldn't have known the difference!
Comments